You’re invited to join me on a healing journey that will help you cultivate a more accepting, respectful, loving relationship with your body. A journey that has the potential to transform every aspect of your life if you’ll let it.
Have you been curious about body acceptance or body positivity? Have you wondered how your life might be different if you stopped trying to meet society’s ever-shifting ideals for women’s bodies? Do you worry about what lessons your daughters (granddaughters, nieces, students, goddaughters, neighbors) are learning from you about their own bodies?
Maybe you’ve wanted to change your relationship with your body, but you haven’t known how to get started. This is where I can help you. I can share my words until you find your own. Because you will find your voice if you step on this path.
Tell me more. What is this?
Write Your Way to Self-Love is a 12-week journey contained in an interactive digital course. Each week we’ll explore your current relationship with your body, the beliefs you have about her (her being your body), and any areas you may be ready to be more accepting.
We’ll explore the following topics from our own perspective and beliefs.
We’ll give ourselves permission to let go of expectations that aren’t serving us.
We’ll pay attention to how we talk to and treat ourselves.
We’ll incorporate gratitude when and where we can.
We’ll explore self-trust.
We’ll get curious about what feelings are showing up and what messages they have for us.
We’ll start unraveling the lies shame tells us.
Body and Mind Connection
We’ll examine the relationship between our bodies and our minds.
We’ll delve into beliefs about our bodies that just might be lies.
We’ll look at how we’ve felt betrayed by our bodies and look for compassionate responses.
We’ll invite body-positive influences into our lives.
We’ll play with accepting our bodies, from our crow’s-feet to our pinky toes.
We’ll integrate the healing we’ve begun into our daily lives and consider how we want to continue on our journeys.
This exploration is self-paced. But you’ll be guided by a mentor (me) and supported by a private community in Mighty Networks.
Who is this journey for?
This course is for adult women who are ready to embrace their bodies, even if they’re not quite sure how to do that yet.
All women are welcome, and by all, I mean every woman. You’re welcome here, celebrated even, just as you are, without judgment, however you and your body show up.
Curious but still unsure if this is for you?
- exhausted from a lifetime of dissing your body?
- dissatisfied with your body?
- sick of diets and exercise as punishment?
- over being told bodies have to be a certain way to be worthy?
- craving a more loving, accepting relationship with yourself?
- curious about what a more accepting relationship would look like?
- open to getting to know yourself?
- someone who journals?
- looking for a community of women who will support you on your journey?
- yearning for a guide?
- a little (or a lot) afraid to get started?
- confused about what body acceptance even means? What about body positivity?
- worried about the young women and girls in your life?
- hoping to be a difference-maker in this world?
- hungry for self-love?
- ready to break up with the mean voice in your head?
- wanting transformation? liberation? freedom?
- ready to choose your body as a lifelong companion?
- interested in building self-trust?
- eager to spend time and energy on what really matters to you?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Write Your Way to Self-Love can be a catalyst to transform your life.
Why is it important to accept ourselves, our bodies, just as we are?
The diet and beauty industries spend over $70 billion a year on advertising for products and programs that make us believe there’s something (or many things) about ourselves we must fix. So we can find love and be successful and feel worthy. And we’ve been breathing in this toxic messaging our whole lives, not only from the diet and beauty industries, but from our mothers and sisters and best friends and neighbors and roommates and celebrities and influencers.
Writing Your Way to Self-Love will help you find your voice, the one that will disrupt the nastygram narrative that hijacks your mind and shames your body.
We also live in a world where too many people ignore, ostracize, bully, threaten, and harm those who don’t fit into “normal” expectations. This is not a place I want to live, and I know that if I’m going to stand up for other people (and their bodies), then I’ve first got to stand up for my own.
When is it happening?
- February 23 – May 15
- Each week, you’ll receive emails on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings. You’ll work through the material provided at your own pace.
- Dates are TBD for the monthly Q&As
- The Q&As will be recorded if you can’t make it live.
Where is it happening?
Wherever you are and on the interwebs.
- Content will be emailed to your inbox.
- Q&As will happen in Google Meets.
- Our community will meet in a private Mighty Networks group.
What you’ll get?
- 12 weeks of content intentionally designed to help you cultivate a more accepting, loving, and respectful relationship with your body.
- Writing Prompts, Video Lessons, Resources, Coloring Sheets, and More
- A digital Write Your Way to Self-Love journal
- 3 Q&A video calls, where you can ask me anything about the journey
- A supportive Mighty Networks community to be witnessed by other women on similar paths
- 3 Wild Soul Movement classes (dates TBD)
- I’m currently in Wild Soul Movement teacher training, and I’m thrilled to offer classes to you. This gentle movement practice was rocket fuel for my own healing journey to accept and love my body.
- Discounts on the Love Notes to My Body book series
- If you want a physical journal, this is the place to grab it.
What else you’ll experience?
- kindness for yourself
- gentleness with yourself
- compassion for yourself
- connection with your body, your lifelong companion
- the courage to break up with the mean voice in your head
- greater self-awareness, self-acceptance, and self-trust
- gratitude for yourself and your body
- personal transformation
- more positive and accepting influences
- an unraveling of the lies you’ve believed about your body
- support from women on the same journey
- a healing relationship between you and your body
How much does it cost?
Write Your Way to Self-Love is available on a sliding scale. Regardless of the amount paid, everyone will have the same access to this healing journey. Click the button and select the amount best suited to your current budget. Pay what you can, no questions asked.
Please be honest when making this decision.
Depending on your current financial position, the course is available at 3 price points:
- $99 (the full investment for the 12-week healing journey)
Why trust me as your guide?
- I chronicled my journey in the award-winning Love Notes to My Body, chosen as one of 2020’s most life-changing books, and Love Letters to My Body.
- I’ve been writing my way to self-love for a handful of years now, so I may be a little farther along the path. I’m happy to shine a light so you can get started on your own path.
- I share my stories with vulnerability and transparency. You can listen to or read some of them here.
- I’ve been described as a gentle ass-kicker by clients. I’m going to help you stay accountable to yourself with compassion and love.
- I’ve designed this course using all the tools that helped me find acceptance and compassion for my body. They can help you too.
This is your moment to choose yourself. Begin your lifelong journey to accept, respect, and love your body (and yourself), just as you are.